![]()
Every year as I stare at the fireworks I always feel emotional inside. It makes me always think of my childhood summers, how happy I am with my family now and of my Aunt Linda.
It makes me miss my childhood of fun with all of my cousins. Cookouts at Aunt Linda's house, sparklers in the field and catching lighting bugs. Staying up until all hours of the night playing outside. It was so much fun.
It also makes me want to burst with happiness because I could not ask for a better life. With my beautiful, funny girls and my wonderful husband I feel like I have everything there is in life.
![]()
Then there is the memory of Aunt Linda. She passed away from cancer on the 4th of July in 2001. 10 years!!! I can't believe I haven't seen or heard her voice for 10 years!! It makes me sooo sad that she will never know my girls and that they will never know her.I know how much she wanted that. I remember when she found out she was sick and she told me that she was scared that she would not be here to see me get married and hold my babies. And now I can only fill my girls with stories of my memories.....so many that include her. Since it is up to me, they will feel like they knew her. I will make them be able to feel the rocks from the patio on their feet, smell the smells of the flowers around her house and know the fun we always had at their house.
Our 4th of July now is so different but still so great! We swim, cookout, light our own "little" fireworks and go downtown for ice creams, coffee and 'big' fireworks. I'm looking forward to more fun as the girls grow. Maybe one day our girls will look back and be excited to tell their children all about how we spent the 4th as a family too.
Savanah was so amazed when watching the fireworks.
1 comment:
What a nice tribute to your Aunt. I love that you were so close to her. I want my neices to think of me that way.
Happy 4th!
Post a Comment