Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Summer, Summer, Summertime, Summertime!!

Well over the weekend I got a taste of what the Summer of 2011 is going to be like. For the first time since I've had kids I feel that Summer will relaxing and fun. Not that our past Summers haven't been fun but lately EVERYTHING is getting easier where the kids are concerned. I picture this summer to be in the pool almost everyday, learning to swim, getting tan again, frozen drinks on Sunday's, making snowballs & milkshakes, cooking on the grill, beach sunsets, movies in the park, maybe even some night swimming....everything that summer was for me as a kid and more. I feel like we are to that point in our lives. 
  

When I first moved here the seasons blended together but having kids has changed that for me. I've never really noticed the seasons here before. They are not the same as up north but they are here. Winter is full of outside fun without the water.....parks, playgrounds, picnics, the Christmas season and sometimes Disney World. Spring is full of most of the same but also to include Easter and many birthdays! Summer is WATER and everything I mentioned above! And we still have Fall, no leaves change but the weather gets cooler, now for us school begins, we wear more orange and brown, breakfast picnics, trips up north and Thanksgiving.  I am learning to love our seasons and all they bring. I am seeing what my kids are going to remember about their childhood. The smells, the traditions and the fun times and I really love it. So welcome Summertime! Welcome heat, humidity, and sunshine. Welcome long sunny days, rainstorms in the afternoon, and beach sunsets. I'm looking forward to all of it because its our Summer Season and time to make some memories!

2 comments:

laura said...

I 100% agree with what you mean about this summmer being the best and easiest!! It is nice to not have to be on such a 'strict' schedule and be able to go with the flow!! Hope the girls have a great summer and I can't wait to end the summer with you guys!

The Jenkins Family said...

Me too! I just told Gordon last night while the girls were in the pool how much fun Travis is going to have with them. They are all so close in age and Savanah and Travis are at the same level. Its going to be soooo much fun!